Carlingford and Mourne
Driving here from Dublin
- Take the M1 and drive North towards Belfast. To enter Dundalk leave the M1, at Junction 16 signposted Dundalk (South).It exit from Dundalk to Blackrock.
- If you are going to Carlingford don’t leave the M1 till you see the sign for Carlingford, exit off at Junction 18 sign-posted R152. Take a little care here.
- There are 2 roundabouts. Keep focused. Carlingford is on the R173.
- If you are going to Newry don’t leave the M1, you will cross the border into N.I. (there is no distinguishing sign) you are then on the A1, take the exit to Newry. From here you will access Rostrevor, Warrenpoint, Kilkeel, and Newcastle.
Driving here from Belfast
- Take the M1 towards Dublin. Exit at Junction 7, to Newry on the A1. From Newry, Exit junctions will take you to Rostrevor, Warrenpoint, Kilkeel, and Newcastle.
- If you are going to Carlingford or Omeath, go to Newry, follow the signs for the Quays shopping centre, it houses a multiplex cinema and Sainsbury’s.
- Turn left at the traffic lights taking you along the side of Newry canal, it’s on your left, and the shopping centre is on your right. From here it's 11miles to Carlingford. Drive straight on to Omeath and then straight to Carlingford.
Bus and Train Timetables
- Dundalk Train Station 00 353 (0)42 933 5521
- Dundalk Bus Station 00 353 (0)42 933 4075
- Newry Bus Station 00 44 (0)28 306 23531
- Newry Train Station 00 44 (0)28 302 69271
- Bus and Train from Dublin - CIE
- Bus and Train from Belfast - Ulsterbus